Almond Choc Chip Cookies
This recipe for Almond Choc Chip Cookies is my daughter’s favourite. It is very versatile and I have altered it over the years. So, I’m going to give you options as to how you want to make them. You can choose, dense and chewy or light and crunchy. Here goes…
- 1.5 cup Almond flour Use 3 cups for extra chewy
- 1.5 cup Young Living Einkorn Flour Omitt fior extra chewy
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Rock Salt
- ½ cup Sweetener of Choice Brown Sugar, Date Sugar, Cane Sugar, Xylitol
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips Or other Vegan Chocolate chips
- ½ cup Chopped Walnuts Optional - but extra yummy
- 2 Tbsp Flax meal Mixed with 6 Tbs Water
- 8 Tbsp Vegan Butter OR for less fat option: 4Tbs buuer PLUS 120gm Apple Sauce
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 drops Young Living Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 Tbsp Nut Butter of your choice I like Crunchy Almond
- Crushed Nuts
- Melted Dark Chocolate
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt the Vegan Butter with the Nut Butter - don’t make it too hot or it will melt the chocolate chips when you mix them in.
- Add the rest of wet ingredients to the butter/nut butter mixture.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Pour out onto a floured surface and dough till everything is combined (It will be sticky).
- Split the dough in two and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 30 mins to solidify the vegan butter and give the dough structure.
- Whilst it is cooling. Turn your oven to 375˚F (190˚C) and use this time to clean up your kitchen (that’s what I did).
- Take 1 dough from the fridge and roll out to ¼” (1/2 cm). Use a cookie cutter to make 3” (7cm) rounds. Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or baking paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes for chewy and 15 minutes for crunchy cookies.
- When cookies are cooling, melt the dark chocolate. Make a piping bag from baking paper (see these instructions) and pipe squiggles or lines on top of your cookies.