- 1 small, ripe banana
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt or 8 oz soft, silken tofu
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 flax eggs (2Tbs flaxmeal + 5Tbs water)
- 1 cup Organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup Organic whole wheat flour (I prefer Young Living Einkorn Flour)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Scoop Plant based protein powder (optional)
1.Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or line with wax paper.
2. Place the oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, flour, apricots, almonds and raisins in a bowl and mix.
3. In a blender, place banana, yogurt or soft tofu, cinnamon, nutmeg, syrup, flax eggs and pulse 6 or 8 times until the mixture is well combined. Mix the wet with the dry. The mixture will be sticky.
4. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and spread it out evenly using the back of a spatula, or by running your hands under cold water and using them to press the mixture evenly into the pan.
5. Bake until just done, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and firm up, about 5 minutes. Cut into 20 squares and package into individual portions by wrapping in foil. Can be freezed for later.
*This recipe I adapted from one I saw on Dr Oz years ago. I veganised it and took out some of the sugar. It is much better, in my option.