Scrambled Tofu Recipe
This recipe is my go-to Saturday breakfast. I really like making this because it is a nutritional powerhouse! Protein packed tofu, nutrient dense greens, tasty veggies and yummy yummy spices. Alter it to suit your own tastes and let me know your favorite modifications in the comments.
- 1 packet Firm Tofu Drained
- 1/2 Red onion Diced
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock powder
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 6-8 Button Mushrooms I like Swiss Brown
- 1/2 Red Capsicum (Bell Pepper) Diced
- 2 cup Baby Spinach Or baby Kale
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Sriracha Optional - to taste
- 1 tsp Mixed dried Herbs
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander (Cilantro)
- Open Tofu, pour out water and cut into 1cm slabs.
- Wrap in paper towel and squish out all the water (or use a Tofu Press)
- Mix the stock powder with water and place in pan
- Add garlic and vegetables (except greens) and cook till tender (about 5 mins)
- Squish the tofu through your fingers till it resembles scrambled eggs consistency and add to veg.
- Add Turmeric and dried herbs
- Add kale, sriracha and nutritional yeast - and stir. Add more water if necessary- but keep it quite dry.
- Stir through coriander and serve with toasted wholegrain bread.