CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
Directions: Add all ingredients to a Mason jar or any container with a tight lid (I prefer glass) in the order listed above – liquids first. Whisk well or stir vigorously with a fork until cacao powder is well combined with the rest of ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. When ready to eat, stir well again. Some lumps are OK, just stir well. The thickness and sweetness can be adjusted to your taste. Top with slivered almonds and berries.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Notes: * For a thick consistency pudding use 4 tbsp chia seeds, for soup like consistency (pictured) use only 3 tbsp (my favourite).
KITCHEN DIVA GRANOLA BARS
- 1 small, ripe banana
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt or 8 oz soft, silken tofu
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 flax eggs (2Tbs flaxmeal + 5Tbs water)
- 1 cup Organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup Organic whole wheat flour (I prefer Young Living’s Einkorn Flour)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Scoop Plant based protein powder (optional)
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or line with wax paper.
Place the oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, flour, apricots, almonds and raisins in a bowl and mix.
In a blender, place banana, yogurt or soft tofu, cinnamon, nutmeg, syrup, flax eggs and pulse 6 or 8 times until the mixture is well combined. Mix the wet with the dry. The mixture will be sticky.
Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and spread it out evenly using the back of a spatula, or by running your hands under cold water and using them to press the mixture evenly into the pan.
Bake until just done, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and firm up, about 5 minutes. Cut into 20 squares and package into individual portions by wrapping in foil. Can be freezed for later.
This recipe I adapted from one I saw on Dr Oz years ago. I veganised it and took out some of the sugar. It is much better, in my option.
- 1 medium carrot – diced
- 1/2 large onion – diced
- 1 Stalk celery – diced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 Vegan stock cube (or 1tsp stock granules)
- 1 med red bell pepper – diced
- 2 Tbs fresh coriander (cilantro) – shredded
- 1 jar Passata (400ml)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans (soaked the night before and cooked for 1 hr) – or buy a can
- 2Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Mexi-Mix Seasoning
- 1 – 5 Tsp Sriracha (depending upon how HOT you like it).
- 1Tbs pickled Jalapeños
|1. In a large pot sauté the carrot, onion, celery, garlic in ½ cup water and the stock cube till soft. Add more water if it gets sticky. 2. Add everything else and cook for 20 mins. Add water if necessary. Stir occasionally Serving: Top with chopped coriander, sriracha and jalapenos as required.|
INSTANT POT VEGAN POZOLE
- 1/2 large red onion – diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tsp (or more) chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp vegan stock powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 cups water
- 1 can Hominy
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jar passata
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 ripe avocado cubed
- juice of half a lime
Directions: (Note: If you do not have a pressure cooker, cook on the stove. Allow 20-30 mins simmering time for eht flavours to come together).
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Add onions, garlic, cumin, chilli and stock with 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 1-3 mins or until soft.
- Add black beans, hominy, corn, red pepper, broccoli, salsa and passata. Set IP to pressure cook and cook for 3 minutes. (if you are using the stove-top method, allow to simmer for 20 minutes).
- Allow the pressure to come down naturally for more robust flavour – or, if you don’t want to wait, then carefully release steam and get ready to serve. Make sure you fully release steam gently and hold the lid away from you when you open the cooker.
- Serve with cilantro, chopped avocado and a squeeze of lime juice.